Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Saint Mary Magdalene

We celebrated the feast of Saint Mary Magdalene a bit early with our moms/ homeschool group.

Date:
July 22

Activities:
I made a coloring page to color.
We colored miniature wooden eggs.
We played with leftover confetti eggs from Easter.
I wanted to make real madelines as found on Catholic Cuisine and Fisheaters, but I didn't have the time and I really didn't want to buy a special pan. Instead, I made homemade shell shaped chocolate candies. I just bought a candy mold with shells on it at Hobby Lobby and voila! shell shaped candy!

Food:
Shell shaped chocolate candies

Information:
Mary Magdalene is often pictured with an egg in her hand. This is a reminder of her presence at the empty tomb on Easter Sunday.

Prayer:
http://feastofsaints.com/anselmmarymag.htm (Prayer of Saint Anselm)
OR
Intercessory Prayer to Saint Mary Magdalene

Saint Mary Magdalene,
woman of many sins,
who by conversion
became the beloved of Jesus,
thank you for your witness
that Jesus forgives
through the miracle of love.
You, who already possess eternal happiness
in His glorious presence,
please intercede for me,
so that some day
I may share in the same everlasting joy.
Amen.

Link to Shutterfly:
http://stannehomeeducation.shutterfly.com/1130

No comments:

Post a Comment